Monday, March 10, 2014

Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath Bombs

THChristi's Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath BombsToday I'm making another batch of these fragrant bath bombs. These are a patient favorite for relaxing after a stressful day & easing pain as well as softening & moisturizing the skin.  

We've experimented with several different scent combinations, but by far the lavender is the one my patients prefer so I wanted to share that recipe with you all today so you can make your own.


What you will need:
Ingredients


  • 1 Cup Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Cup Citric Acid (found with the canning supplies)
  • 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
  • 1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (found at the pharmacy)
  • 3 Tablespoons Cannabis Coconut Oil (melted)
  • 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil 
  • 5-6 drops purple food coloring
  • A large mixing bowl
  • a sieve
  • latex or other gloves
  • 2 small Dixie cups (the ones they make for bathroom dispenser)
  • a spoon for mixing
  • a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
  • measuring cups and spoons
How to do it:
  1. In a large mixing bowl sieve together the baking soda corn starch and citric acid.
  2. In a separate bowl add melted coconut oil, witch hazel and lavender oil. These will not blend together at this point but that is OK.
  3. Put on your gloves.  Slowly add the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl and begin to blend together with your gloved hands.  Add a little at a time to prevent the citric acid from reacting and foaming up.  If it foams a little bit it will still be fine.  Keep adding and kneading the wet and dry ingredients together until you have a well blended mixture.  It will be a damp powder.  You will know when it is fully mixed when the entire mixture has a uniform lavender color.
  4. Loosely measure out 1/4 Cup of your mixture and place in the small Dixie cup.
  5. Pack this tightly using a small spice jar to press it into the cup.
  6. Invert the cup onto your wax paper lined cookie sheet. Then if necessary tap the bottom of the Dixie cup to release the bath bomb.  Repeat this step until you've used all of your mixture and your cookie sheet has 10-11 bath bombs.
  7. Set the cookie sheet aside somewhere where these can dry and set up.  Depending on your humidity this can take 1-3 days.
  8. After your Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath Bombs have dried, store them in a resealable jar in a cool place or package them individually and share with your friends. 
 **Note: If you live in a warm climate or keep your house very warm you may want to store these in the fridge as the coconut oil will melt at around 72-73 degrees F

How To Use Them:

Run yourself a warm bath.  Drop in a Cannabis & Lavender Fizzy Bath Bomb. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes. Relax and enjoy!

I hope you will enjoy this recipe.  I'm always looking for new and innovative ways to incorporate cannabis medicine into my life and that of the patients that I work with. If you make & use these please leave a comment and let us know how they worked for you. Also if you enjoy this recipe consider subscribing to the blog on the top right hand side to ensure you don't miss any future posts and cannabis recipes.

Stay Lifted!

THChristi







22 comments:

  1. How many bombs will this recipe make? I'm trying to calculate how much coconut oil is in each bomb and I would also like to make about 4 dozen.
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many active cannabinoids in the total solution?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know the answer to that. BUT what I do know is you will feel pain telief after soaking in a tub made with these medicated bath bombs!

      i usethem fir relief from my gibromyalgia nerve and joint pain. They also help for muscle spasms and arthritus. i have several payients who rely in yhese baths to be able to function durring the day. :)

      Your cannabinoid level will vary based on the potency of your starting material when making the coconut oil extraction. For the best results use a strong strain to start with. use all buds for the highest potency.

      Delete
    2. It depends on how strong your Canna coconut oil is to start with.

      Delete
  3. How or where can I get this cannabis coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://triiiches.blogspot.com/2013/08/cannabis-infused-coconut-oil.html?m=1 to make your own

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you just feel relief from pain, or does it give you the "High" also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer- you wont feel a high but you will feel full body pain relief and relaxation

      Delete
  6. What if I add more cannabis oil? Would it mess it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably add a little more but if you do too much they don't set up very well. You make be better off trying to make a more potent oil

      Delete
  7. Gonna make some now with some oil a friend gave me.I am not sure what kind of oil she used to infuse the cannabis or how much. So I am gonna add some trimming I have and infuse again!! Will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting the actual recipe. :) I am a medical patient in Wa with severe arthritis and developing fibro. Some days i wake up and best way i can describe it is my skin hurt all the way to the bone. I used to buy these at my shop before the law changed and I really relied on these to function each day. Now under the new law we are fully recreational and the lady that made these decided not to go rec. So I lost the one thing that made some days bearable. I made these and they at exactly the same. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome did you know Washington still has a medical only market at PCE in Tacoma? Also I completely relate as I too suffer from fibro. Flare ups are a full body birch! If there is anything I can help with let me know

      Delete
  9. Question: Can you use a different carrier oil other than coconut oil for this recipe? Something like grape seed, or olive oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can substitute another carrier oil of your preferance

      Delete
  10. Hi Christi, I am making CBD oil bath bombs and am struggling a little bit with all the different ratios online. Can you tell me if I'm using cbd OIL can I just do half cbd oil and half cherry kernel oil? This has me all messed up because all of the recipes online say 3 tsp of (cooking oil) and this recipe calls for 3 TBSP. AH so confusing, and i need to make 50.

    Any input would be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yes you can dilute your cbd oil with a carrier oil to achieve the cbd ratio you are looking for. But bear in mind that this recipe makes only 10-11 small bath bombs. So if you want 50 total you will need to make this recipe x 5 and 5hat will be 15 tabl3spoons of oil in total. Hope that helps

      Delete
  11. Can you use CBD oil that buy or do you have to make it. I'm sure you can I guess I'm asking what the ratio would be if you used an "over the counter" cbd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do this with and as well. Keep the actual oil amount the same for the recior by adding CBD to a carrier oil. I would aim for at least 25 mg CBD per bath treat.

      Delete
  12. Does this leave any oil ring in the tub?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not too much but there is oil in the recipe that may cling to the tub

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...